Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you think social networking via the internet will become the order of the future?

take a step back and think ,other than the people we interact with on a daily to daily basis how many of us have really called up our old friends who are maybe in some other part of the world or country and not just stopped with email or some IM conversation,i get the impression nowdays the internet is replacing the regular conversations we normally have,when I was in college and that was just 2 years back or so ,i used to use instant messanger but i would always prefer to go and talk to someone face to face or atleast over the phone but nowdays do we bother to do that ,and how many of us have really sent a real greeting card other than a Ecard maybe last christmas ,i personally feel face to face communication is breaking down and its going to break down even more in the future,one of my friends gf broke up with over myspace now how stupid can that be ..not even face to face or a phone call......



Some of you might not agree with all i said saying social networking via the internet



Do you think social networking via the internet will become the order of the future?

Just like writing letters and reading books made from paper, there are some things we as people will not want to abandon, even if they are declared "obsolete" by some techno-fetishist.



The world depicted in The Minority Report is something I deem a direction not to go - forget a future where due process and The Bill of Rights are vacated - just the invasive advertising and insistence of "The System" or "The Sales Analyst" knowing where one is and what they are doing is truly frightening.



I do write letter-length emails, but when I can, personally insist on either face to face or phone conversations. I have no use for text or IMs. No idea what to do with MySpace, so I did not bother. I prefer my music on disc, not a file. I start my illustrations with an old-fashioned architect's pencil my Dad gave me.



I'm not really a Luddite, I just prefer interacting with other people and I enjoy the quirks of myself and my friends. There may even be a cultural move to "Reconnect" as things move to and fro in cycles.



XBox Live is fun, but paintball or airsoft in the woods with your buddies is better.



Do you think social networking via the internet will become the order of the future?

starting out maybe but in person is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone