Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

if you the age 12 OR UNDER...you should not read this



and if you do, you should not repost this.



Just because you were born in '96 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid.



It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but four conscious years of the 90's just wont cut it.



You're a 90's kid if:



You can finish this [ice ice _ _ _ _ ]



You remember watching:



-Doug



-Ren %26amp; Stimpy



-Pinky and the Brain



-AAAAAAAH Real Monsters!



-Rockos modern Life.



You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE!"



You just cant resist finishing this . . . "Iiiiiiin west philidelphia born and raised . . ."



You remember:



-TGIF



-Step by Step



-Family Matters



-Dinosaurs



-Boy Meets World



-Sabrina The Teenage Witch



You remember when it was actually worth getting up early



on a Saturday to watch cartoons.



You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.



You remember reading "Goosebumps"



You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.



You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence . . . not



when everything was settled by:



-rock paper scissors or



-bubble gum bubble gum in a dish or



-inky pinky ponky daddy had a donkey



- ennie meanie miney moe.



when cops and robbers was a daily activity.



when we played Hide and go seek until our legs grew numb.



when we used to obey our parents



You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record your FAVORITE song of ALL time.



"Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" was both a game and a TV game show.



Captain Planet. He's a Hero.



You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green ranger, were meant to be together. 閳?br>



You remember when Super Nintendos and Sega Genisis became popular.



You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos . . . but never taped anything funny.



You remember watching Home Alone 1, 2 , and 3 . . . and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"



You remember watching:



-The Magic School Bus



-Wishbone



-Reading Rainbow on PBS.



You remember when Yo-Yos were cool.



You remember those Where's Waldo books.



You remember eating Warheads.



You remember watching:



-the 1st Batman



-Aladdin



-Ninja Turtles



-3 Ninjas movies.



You remember Ring Pops.



You remember drinking Surge, and Tang.



If you remember when every thing was "da BOMB!"



When they made the new lunchables so that you could make pizza AND tacos.



You remember boom boxes vs. cd players.



Making those little paper fortune cookie things, and then predicting your life with them.



You played and/or collected "Pogs" :)



You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet, or Nano and brought it everywhere.



. . . Furbies.



You haven't always had a computer, and it was cool to have the internet.



And Windows 95 was the best.



You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers, and Ninja Turtles.



Michael Jordan was a king.



YIKES pencils and erasers were the stuff!



All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.



You remember when the new Beanie Babies and Talking Elmo were always sold out



You collected those Beanie Babies.



Carebears



Gak was the coolest stuff invented.



Lambchop's song never ended.



The old dollar bills.



Silver dollars, which were cool to have.



You remember a time before the WB.



You collected all the Troll dolls



If you even know what an original walkman is.



You remember wanting to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch.



You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"



You know the Macarena by heart.



"Talk to the hand" . . . enough said



You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"



You went to McDonald's to play in the playplace.



You remember playing on merry go rounds at the playground.



Before the MySpace frenzy . . .



Before the Internet %26amp; text messaging . . .



Before Sidekicks %26amp; iPods . . .



Before MIKE JONES . . .



Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX . . .



Before Spongebob . . .



Back when you put off the 5 hours of homework you had every night.



When light up sneakers were cool.



When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.



When gas was $0.95 a gallon %26amp; Caller ID was a new thing.



When we recorded



stuff on VCRs.



When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off of our walkman.



When checking out drawing books and that one book about the rainbow fish from the library was THE cool thing to do.



You had slap bracelets!



Way back.



Before we realized all this would eventually disappear.



Who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!!!!



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

hahaha,you all made me laugh on this one.don't get me wrong,i think its awesome your thinking back like that,but its funny.a lot of the stuff mention came from the 60s,70s, %26amp; 80s. when i was growing up in the 80s,i remember gas was like $0.60 or little more.candy bars were like $0.25- $0.35. tag was the coolest game to play outside along with red rover red rover,send jimmie over,lol.atari was the game console back then.if you had a computer you were rich.i remember when MTV first came out %26amp; they actually played music.when nickelodeon first came on the air.high top sneakers were very popular then.



with that said,i think its awesome you all are thinking back to your time.give it a few more years %26amp; you will miss it more.thanks for sharing this.



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

OMG I MISS THOSE DAYS SOOO MUCH!!!!! ...gooooood times ^_^



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

born 1991



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

yes ugh i miss the 90's great time great times....~



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

god those were the good ol days... how could I ever forget those things!!!



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

Someone (YOU!) stole this from the facebook group!



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

the songs "one head light" and "sex and candy" were my favorite songs.......i friggen loved the 90s.



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

OMG! I REMEMBER ALL OF THOSE!!!!!!!!! Those were the good days!!!! i really wish could go back to those days!! they were sooooo much fun



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

thats quite an artillery of nostalgia there



Some others



-Radiohead "Karma police"



-Nickelodeon moon shoes



-no legends of the hidden temple reference



-third eye blind / chumbawumba



oh well, cant be perfect



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

cmon wish bone whats the story wishbone!



your right i do miss it but im happy where im at now, im in college and im making memories here to



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

You just made me depressed D: ring pops were da BOMB!



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

hahaha....I miss the 90's!



I really miss Nickelodeon when the shows were good (Ahhhh! Real Monsters was my favourite! And all the shows on Nick.....Are you Afraid of the Dark? was like....family time. lol.)



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

Aah, now if I could just remember the 70's as well as you remember the 90's!! Lol..........................Thanks for the memories.



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

The 90's were the best!!! I remember all of that!



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

I miss watching saved by the bell too !!!!



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

It's all coming back to me...



Even though the world keeps spinning, I still remember so much of this stuff.



Thanks for the refresher...



[STAR]



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

oh yeah i'm a 90's kid...born in 1993...



i remember most of them....i ave pink slap bracelets..=)



sabrina the teenage witch,i read goosebumps,wake up early on saturday to watch cartoons...i bring funny plastic lunch box to school...i love ninja turtles...i have a tamagutchi...i still remember my old windows 95...hey i watch power rangers...oh god i rememberd singing macarena by heart with my cousins...=) aww....playing the merry go round...you made me miss all of that...such a sweet childhood memory....thanx for the question!! (ice ice baby)



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

The best part was the price of gas.



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

i was born in 1983 so i grew up and lived the 90's. this took me back to those days i miss so much.



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

I was a home schooled 90's kids, So I don't really know all the fads during the 90s. I know like 70 percent. I never watched TV those days, just the cartoon Recess, AFV, Pinky and the Brain and wheel of fortune, and of coarse since I was home schooled we watched wishbone, magic school bus and reading rainbow! OMG they were so awesome. Most of the 90's I was outside playing with dandy lions and barbie dolls until 8 at night. But This was hilarious to read I remember hating firbies and troll dolls, I thought they were the stupidest thing! And I remember wanting the slap braclets SOooooOOOOooo badly. Oh man this brings back good times.



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

Yes yes yes all of these lol i still watch boy meets world, I used to wonder why styles changed when it got out of the 90's and my moms like it's 2000!! haha even though we have much better technology, the 90's were the best and I'm sad they took the shows off :[



-The Magic School Bus



-Wishbone



-Reading Rainbow on PBS.



Every morning :]



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

I was born in 1991



and OMG!! I miss these things, every SINGLE solitary thing that you mentioned brought back memories and nostalgia!!!



I'm like so so sad right now after reading this!!! Star for you!!!



PLuss I'm copying this so I can keep it!!



And Lisa Frank! I remember my Sister (She's 21 now) always had those!!!!!! aahh and then when I would get mad at her like I would scribble all over her unicorn folder or something !!!! lol



And I LOVED oregon Trail Day in 5th grade!! I ended up making it, but two of my kids died, and one arrived really sick, I actually had more food than when I started out though. Good times...*Sigh* =/



Do you remember this? Are you a 90's kid?

OMG YEAH!!! Good times good times...



I didn't even remember half of that stuff but reading it now makes me miss the 90's so much...



I loved those shows, and don't get me started on Oregon Trail Day. I used to say all those things almost every other sentence, and Beanie Babies were my favorite toys. Though I never really got into "Goosebumps" every single one of my friends read it. Saturday morning cartoons were amazing. I loved my Sega Genesis with all my heart. I always told my parents that we NEEDED to send something in to America's Funniest Home Videos (of course we never did). Furbies scared the crap out of me, especially after I got my 7th. I didn't know that there are people who don't know the Macarena by heart. Slap bracelets, that book about the rainbow fish, VHS tapes, payground merry-go-rounds, light up sneakers...wow...all this stuff is coming flooding back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone